Pumpkin Bundt cake with pumpkin pie spice and coffee glaze is basically your favorite espresso drink in cake form. That’s right, it’s a pumpkin spice latte cake!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love a good Bundt cake. They are easy to make—often just requiring a mixing bowl and a wooden spoon to mix up the batter. And even unadorned, they're showstoppers.
A casual drizzle of a simple glaze gives a Bundt cake an elegant look.
This pumpkin spice Bundt cake is moist and delicious. Warming pumpkin pie spice, which includes cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg, adds seasonal flavor.
And of course, pumpkin purée gives the cake a rich sweetness, keeps it moist. It also adds that beautiful orange hue and pumpkin flavor.
A drizzle of coffee glaze turns this pumpkin spice cake into a pumpkin spice latte cake. It has all the flavors of your fave fancy fall coffee drink in a luscious cake.
What ingredients do you need?
This is a pretty standard cake made from the usual cake ingredients, most of which you likely have in your pantry. Of course, the secret is in the three flavoring ingredients—pureed pumpkin (I use canned), brewed coffee, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pumpkin puree (1 15-ounce can)
- Vegetable oil (or any neutral-flavored oil)
- Granulated sugar
- Dark brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Powdered sugar
- Brewed coffee
You’ll also need a 9- or 10-inch Bundt pan. I like this Nordic Ware Bundt Pan.
How to make pumpkin pie spice with pantry spices?
I love using pre-made seasoning mixtures like chili powder or pumpkin pie spice because they save time in the kitchen. I also love that you can buy them in a single bottle rather than buying a dozen individual spices.
If you have the spices at home individually, you can certainly substitute them. Or whip up a homemade pumpkin spice blend.
Here's how to make your your own pumpkin pie spice. Stir together:
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
This makes about 1/2 cup of seasoning. Keep the seasoning mixture in a tightly capped jar in your spice rack for up to 6 months.
How do you make pumpkin spice Bundt cake with coffee glaze?
It’s so easy!
- Mix wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients in a few batches to the wet ingredients.
- Stir or beat just to combine.
- Transfer batter to a prepared cake pan.
- Make a glaze by stirring together powdered sugar, coffee, and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
More dessert recipes you'll love
- Honey Cake for Rosh Hashanah
- Orange Cake with Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Mini Blueberry Pie for Two
- Thai Black Rice Pudding with Coconut Milk
- Maple Glazed Bacon Beignets
For the cake
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter for preparing the pan
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
For the glaze
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
Be sure to use 100% pureed pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix, which has sugar and other additives.
Amount Per Serving Calories 470Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 65mgSodium 335mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 1gSugar 42gProtein 5g
Nutrient values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.