If you’ve been reading Two Lazy Gourmets for a while you might have noticed that I LOVE TO MAKE CREPES! (Ever since I got a new crepe pan for my birthday, I can’t stop making crepes.) Yes, crepe-making is not necessarily a lazy process, but if you’ve never made them before you might be surprised by how simple the technique is. You can read how I do it here. Today’s recipe is for dessert crepes, a change from my usual savory preference.
These dessert crepes with sweet, fresh filling are ridiculously easy and incredibly delicious. The ricotta cream and strawberries can both be prepared in advance, to make
- 1½ pounds strawberries, hulled and sliced (about 4½ cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 8-10 crepes
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries and 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until strawberries have softened and become juicy, at least 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, cream, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Divide ricotta cream and strawberries among the crepes (adjusting quantities to your taste) and roll up or fold.
Amount Per Serving Calories 91 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 14mg Sodium 27mg Carbohydrates 10g Fiber 1g Sugar 7g Protein 3g