As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I don’t even know what to call this except de-freaking-
It’s quick and easy to make and uses only 3 ingredients:
That’s it! I used a combination of black and golden raisins only because I had both in my pantry and I thought it would look especially pretty. If I were going out to buy raisins specifically for this dish, I’d choose golden raisins, but either works.
Use it as a garnish for curries or rice dishes, or just eat it as a snack!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup raisins, (golden, black, or a combination)
- Melt the butter in a small, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the cashews and raisins and cook, stirring, until the nuts are golden brown and the raisins are blackened in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl immediately and serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving Calories 86Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 8mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 1g
Nutrient values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.